Have you ever wondered WHY you should use a licensed REALTOR® for your Real Estate transactions?
Many people think they will have a go on their own whether buying or selling. They think if they are selling their property, of course, they will save a commission.
And, if they are buying, they think they will be able to negotiate a better price on their own, and once again get a better deal.
The reality is, a REALTOR® negotiates on your behalf in both instances.
With less than 50% of the active real estate licensees electing to become REALTORS®, homebuyers and sellers need to interview prospective agents and ask the question, “Are you a REALTOR®?”
The term REALTOR® has come to connote competency, fairness, and high integrity resulting from adherence to a lofty ideal of moral conduct in business relations. No inducement of profit and no instruction from clients ever can justify departure from this ideal. In the interpretation of this obligation, REALTORS® can take no safer guide than that which has been handed down through the centuries, embodied in the Golden Rule . . . . Yes . . . that Golden Rule
“Whatsoever ye would that others should do to you, do ye even so to them.”
So what does that look like for a Seller?
A good Realtor will assist you in:
- Defining your goals as the relate to
- When to effect the sale
- How to ‘stage’ the house
- Pre-Inspection of the House
- Creating an Environment to Show the House
- Possibility of Independent Appraisal
- Explain where the market is for your specific neighborhood and provide you with Comparables (which enables sellers to set the proper price)
- Implement a solid marketing plan (13 steps involved)Now for a Buyer, what does it look like when a Realtor goes to work for them?As a Realtor, our job is to LISTEN, research, locate, assist, and finally negotiate on behalf of the buyer (based on their instructions).
Of course, initially, a Realtor, will ask some of these kinds of questions:
- Do you currently own or rent?
- Are you looking to trade up?
- Do you have to sell your house in order to buy your next home?
- What are the most import features to you (must haves)?
- What are your ‘would like to haves’?
- What size home?
- Waterfront? (or other outdoor feature)
- What is your time line?
- Are you pre-approved or pre-funded
- Are you working with another Realtor?
If a Realtor is going to invest a lot of time searching for a home for you, it is normal for them to ask you to sign an Exclusive Buyer’s Agreement. This allows your Realtor to work 100% on your behalf.
In addition to just ‘finding’ you a home where you will ‘Love Where You Live,’ they will assist you in negotiations, obtaining a mortgage, home inspection, surveys, title insurance, and the deeds. All you have to worry about is packing.
It is truly a joy to be of service to clients whether they are buying or selling.
My goal is to be a Difference Maker for my clients. Whether buying or selling, I will negotiate the best terms for you and create a great Real Estate Experience’ that is stress free – everyone should ‘Love where you live.’ Let’s find you your Dream Home with great financing. If you don’t have a Realtor, I would be happy to connect you with a Realtor in your area to assist you. I am in Ft. Lauderdale, FL — and look forward to serving you. Connect with me at Debbie@DebbieWysocki.com www.ISellBeachHouses.com
To check out homes in your area, TEXT DebbieRE at 40691
Leave a Reply